Automotive Equipment and Tools For The Automotive Industry
The automotive equipment industry deals with the production of every kind of tool and machinery that is needed for the manufacture, maintenance and repair of vehicles including cars and car parts. As such, the industry produces several different varieties of equipment starting from basic hand tools to more complicate machinery.
Different Kinds of Automotive Equipment
Automotive workshops and garages will be unable to function without automotive equipment. Shop furniture, lifts, exhaust hoses, air compressors, lubrication equipment, electric and light reels, jacks, means servicing equipment, fluid storage tanks and trans-air piping are some of the many different types of automotive equipment that are used by automotive manufacturing and automotive repair businesses.
shared Types Of Automotive Equipment
* Hand Tools: Automotive repair shops use several different types of hand tools for their repair and maintenance projects. Some of the commonest items include ratchet sets and wrench sets, crowbars (also known as pry bars), socket sets, screwdrivers, star and clutch-head drivers, hammers, pliers and wire cutters, electric drills, hacksaws and torque wrenches.
* Pneumatic Tools: Most automotive workshops now use pneumatic tools as an different to electricity powered motors because the latter is more inclined to fire hazards. Such tools are powered by compressed air and are high powered versions of the more traditional hand tools. shared examples of pneumatic automotive equipment include air compressors that can be used to strength a variety of tools including hammers, drills, ratchets and spraying tools.
* Availability of pneumatic equipment makes it easier for mechanics and technicians to attempt repair and maintenance work because they are powerful and easy to use. For example, a set of pneumatic shears can cut by sheet metal at a faster rate and leave behind a smoother edge when compared to traditional tin snips. Similarly, air hammers outfitted with carve or punch bits have multiple uses. They can they be used for straightening dents. The carve characterize can be used to break rusted parts loose and the punch bits can be used to remove old rivets and bolts that are too difficult to take out by hand.
* Lifts: several different kinds of lifting equipment are used to lift and obtain cars so that mechanics and repair persons can easily work under the means. These lifting tools include both low-tech tools such as basic floor jacks, car ramps and jack stands in addition as hydraulic lifts and floor jacks for better efficiency and performance.
* means Exhaust Removal Systems: means exhaust removal systems are used to capture and remove unhealthy exhaust fumes to insure optimal air quality in automotive maintenance and repair facilities. These are mandatory equipment as per OSHA Standards in order to limit exposure to unhealthy vehicular emissions. shared means exhaust removal systems include hose drops in addition as reels.
* Lubrication Systems: Automotive lubrication systems include several different types of oil meters, ATF meters, gear lube meters, dispense valves and grease dispenses valves.
The Automotive equipment business is a very large and competitive business. Automotive repair businesses must buy equipment from reputable dealers for the best deals and performance levels.