Prince Andrew lawyers claim Virginia Giuffre may have false memories -…

Queen strips Prince Andrew of military titles after sex assault case sent to trial

Prince Andrew has been stripped of his military titles and will defend a civil sexual assault lawsuit as a “private citizen”, Buckingham Palace announced.

The Duke of York has returned his military appointments and patronages “with the Queen’s approval and agreement” and will no longer be known as His Royal Highness.

On Friday, Prince Charles brushed aside questions about Andrew’s exile from the royal family during a public turn up in Scotland.

Charles and William had been “instrumental” in the decision and urged the Queen to remove him, according to the Daily Mail.

The decision to demote Prince Andrew came after he failed bid to convince a estimate to dismiss a civil case brought by Virginia Giuffre in a federal court in New York.

Ms Giuffre alleges that she was forced to have sex with Jeffrey Epstein’s friends – including the Duke of York – when she was 17. Prince Andrew strongly denies the allegations against him. 

Meanwhile, The Times reports that Andrew’s legal team could hear as soon as this weekend whether Sarah Ferguson and Prince Beatrice will confront questioning from Ms Giuffre’s lawyers.

Ms Giuffre has said a trial would be “a chance to expose the truth”.

1642275751

Prince Andrew’s lawyers say accuser Virginia Giuffre ‘may suffer from false memories’

Prince Andrew’s lawyers say they want to quiz Virginia Giuffre’s psychologist as they call into question her credibility in the sex abuse lawsuit against the royal.

The Duke of York’s legal team is alleging that Ms Giuffre, who is seeking damages in the US, could be relying on “false memories” to accuse him of sexual abuse when she was a minor under US law in the early 2000s.

My colleague, Lamiat Sabin, has the story:

Emily Atkinson15 January 2022 19:42

1642259212

When could the Prince Andrew trial begin?

According to the reports, estimate Lewis Kaplan wants all depositions to be completed by July with an aim for the case to be ready for trial by 28 July, although he does not expect it to start until September.

It is not in addition clear if the royal will have to travel to the United States or be required to give evidence another way, such as over video.

Our reporter, Thomas Kingsley, has more here.

(Getty Images)

Thomas Kingsley15 January 2022 15:06

1642256871

Andrew’s accuser seeking observe testimony from duke’s former assistant

Virginia Giuffre’s legal team are now seeking to speak to Prince Andrew’s former assistant Robert Olney.

Documents submitted by Ms Giuffre’s legal team say that Mr Olney’s name appears in Jeffrey Epstein’s phone book under “Duke of York”.

They say this method it is likely Mr Olney has applicable information about Andrew’s travel to and from Epstein’s similarities during the applicable period.

Read the complete story below:

Thomas Kingsley15 January 2022 14:27

1642254109

Denise Welch describes ‘personal beef’ with Prince Andrew over alleged Princess Diana comments

Denise Welch has admitted to having “personal beef” with Prince Andrew over disparaging remarks he allegedly made about Princess Diana.

Discussing the news of Prince Andrew’s losing his military titles on Loose Women on Friday (14 January), Welch admitted that she had “personal beef” with the royal over comments he allegedly made about the Princess of Wales when they met.

“I’ve met him on a few occasions. He really, really upset me once in the way he spoke about his late sister-in-law Diana with such disdain, in front of a group of people such as me, who he didn’t know from a bar of soap,” she said.

Read the complete story below:

Thomas Kingsley15 January 2022 13:41

1642251600

ICYMI: Palace faces calls to strip Prince Andrew of dukedom after loss of military titles

The city of York no longer wants connection with royal as assault case progresses.

Buckingham Palace is facing calls to strip Prince Andrew of his dukedom over the sexual assualt allegations against him.

His public position came under further scrutiny after the Queen removed his military titles and royal patronages on Thursday.

Prince Charles was reportedly instrumental in the decision to strip Andrew of his roles, which was made ahead of developments in his lawsuit that threatened to damage the monarchy.

Our reporter, Liam James, has the complete story below:

Thomas Kingsley15 January 2022 13:00

1642248900

Is Prince Andrew nevertheless in line to the throne?

The Duke of York has dropped his HRH style, which method he will no longer be able to use it in any official capacity.

The development will also see Prince Andrew, Queen Elizabeth II’s third child, stripped of his military titles and royal patronages.

But what does that average for the line to throne and Prince Andrew’s place in it.

Our reporter, Kate Ng, has the complete story below:

Thomas Kingsley15 January 2022 12:15

1642246885

Prince Andrew fears financial ruin amid sex case

in other places its been reported that Prince Andrew now fears “financial ruin” as it now looks increasingly likely that the sexual assault case against him will go trial.

The Daily Mirror reported that Andrew was locked in talks with his teams of lawyers in the UK and US on Friday as they waited for Ms Giuffre’s team to respond to a 6pm deadline about her living arrangements.

He faces mounting legal bills in addition as a possible £10 million settlement with his accuser Virginia Giuffre, however her legal team insist she is not interested in financial recompense, while Ms Giuffre said, following estimate Kaplan’s ruling, that she wants the truth to be exposed.

(Getty)

Thomas Kingsley15 January 2022 11:41

1642242571

Queen won’t risk bailing out Prince Andrew, say royal experts

The Queen will not bail out the Duke of York to help to fund a financial settlement with Virginia Giuffre, according to royal experts.

The Times reported Ingrid Seward, the royal biographer, believes that providing him with money would be too damaging to the Queen’s reputation and that she would rather leave him to confront the allegations in court.

The Queen celebrates her Platinum Jubilee this summer in a time where Princess Beatrice and Sarah Ferguson could confront questioning in the case.

David McClure, who has written books about royal finances, believes the prince would not have enough money to cover a settlement himself. He said that the recent sale by the duke of a chalet in Verbier, the Swiss ski resort, has revealed him to be “extremely cash poor”.

(Getty Images)

Thomas Kingsley15 January 2022 10:29

1642239600

ICYMI: Virginia Giuffre’s reaction to Prince Andrew case going forward

Virginia Giuffre said she was pleased that she will “have the chance to continue to expose the truth” in her first reaction following estimate Lewis Kaplan’s ruling on the Prince Andrew case.

She thanked her incredible legal team and said her goal to ensure the high and powerful are held to account.

“I do not walk this path alone, but alongside countless other survivors of sexual abuse & trafficking,” Ms Giuffre said.

Thomas Kingsley15 January 2022 09:40

1642238318

Palace faces calls to strip Prince Andrew of dukedom after loss of military titles

Buckingham Palace is facing calls to strip Prince Andrew of his dukedom over the sexual assualt allegations against him.

His public position came under further scrutiny after the Queen removed his military titles and royal patronages on Thursday.

Prince Charles was reportedly instrumental in the decision to strip Andrew of his roles, which was made ahead of developments in his lawsuit that threatened to damage the monarchy.

Our reporter, Liam James, has the complete story:

Thomas Kingsley15 January 2022 09:18

Click: See details

Leave a Reply