Rubber Mulch Review: Things To Consider Before Using Rubber Mulch
scenery mulch products combine both function and aesthetics when it comes to the benefits derived from their use. Mulch products are not only limited to the organic types; because of the need for recycling, synthetic scenery mulch products have also attained popularity in the market. Rubber landscaping mulch is considered as one of the most shared kind of artificial mulch. The later section is a thorough rubber mulch review listing down the pros and cons of using this product.
Plus Side: What Consumers Like About Rubber Mulch?
The following are the advantages of recycled rubber mulch.
· lasting and low maintenance – rubber trimmings can last up to several years as they do not deteriorate or crumble already with the occasional treading or the changing weather condition. Rubber also fends off termites, so users are guaranteed that pests will not thrive in the part.
· Cushioning ability – the elasticity of rubber makes it an ideal choice for an overall surface covering. It helps reduce the shock of a fall or collision consequently making the area less inclined to accidents.
· Non-porous texture – rubber shredding does not absorb water compared to organic mulch. It also prevents the growth of weeds which allows the soil and the plant to receive the needed water.
Minus Side: Qualms about Rubber Mulch
While recycled rubber mulch products have many positive things about it, there are also some areas of much-needed improvement for the product.
· No nutrient contribution – because of their artificial character, rubber mulch does not give off additional nutrients to the topsoil compared to different types of organic mulch products.
· Flammability – rubber catches fire easily and ignites abruptly when induced. Because of the materials combustible characteristic, the fire is difficult to extinguish when already started.
· Strong smell and chemical leak – if not processed well or when placed under extreme outdoor heat, some variations of rubber may release a definite, strong odor and chemical by-products into the surrounding soil.
This rubberized mulch review presented both the good and the bad sides of this landscaping product. One of the great things about rubber mulch is its contribution in the preservation of the ecosystem – unusable tires are recycled to a completely new product to extend its use and functional purpose. However, the benefits also have a trade-off because of certain negative attributes for this material. Gardeners and scenery users consequently have to be discriminating on the different uses of rubber scenery mulch products.